Wednesday 21 May 2014

"Don Quixote and Sancho Pansa"

Let's go back for a while to the story of Don Quixote, the story which is both philosophical and comical. This time I decided to approach the subject with a sense of humour and show our dear knight with his faithful squire, Sancho Pansa, using very simple means. While painting it I was literally laughing inside at his idea of tilting at windmills what is the most iconic scene of the book and also at the contrast between these two characters invented by Cervantes so cleverly.



"Don Quixote and Sancho Pansa", 30x40 cm, oil on board

4 comments:

  1. Oh Marielle - this painting just made my day...the colors are fabulous and it has a feeling of being light of heart. very joyful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Debbie. Yes, it was fun and I had a smile on my face all the time I was painting it :)))

      Delete
  2. Hi Marielle, thanks so much for following my blog!
    You are a talented artist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Terry, thanks for visiting, too. I'm glad you like my art.

      Delete