Thursday 29 May 2014

"Sancho Panza and His Donkey"

Today I have something light and humorous for you again. Do you remember my last painting inspired by Don Quixote? I had to try something similar. I just couldn't resist. This time I wanted to show squire Sancho riding his donkey and dreaming of becoming a governor of an island one day (it was supposed to be the reward for his service). Sancho embodies practicality over idealism, so I wanted to make the donkey and his master look alike. However, the donkey seems to have a little more senses than the master... 
Don't you think?


"Sancho Panza and His Donkey", 30x40 cm, oil on board

10 comments:

  1. Love the colors and the bubbles. It makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute and sensible donkey ! Thank you for your visit Marielle :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is, isn't he? He already susspects that there won't be any island in the end :)))
      Thanks for visiting too, Lala :)

      Delete
  3. This would be great for a child's bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Yes, perhaps you're right, Elaine. Thanks for pointing that out :)

      Delete
  4. I was just thinking the same thing "Elaine" stated. This would be so nice in the child's room. Marielle, I so enjoy a new post with all the wonderful talent you express. You are truly gifted my friend. I love this "Sancho Panza and his Donkey". Well Done :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Saucy, you are so kind. I had a lot of fun making it, but at the same time I wanted to show Sancho's pragmatic and yet naive trust in Don Quixote's unrealistic promisses.

      Delete
  5. I really like your blog your drawings are really great and cute keep on drawing.

    ReplyDelete